Fairwinds Launches Latest Version of Insights to Further Improve Kubernetes Governance & Security Across Multiple Clusters and Teams
BOSTON, October 13, 2021 (Newswire.com) - Fairwinds, the leading provider of Kubernetes governance and security software, today announced the newest version of Fairwinds Insights, its flagship software to simplify Kubernetes complexity, reduce risk and enable developer self-service to achieve production-readiness faster. The new updates make it easier to integrate with other DevOps tools, improve team management, view/optimize organizational details within Kubernetes and enable developer service ownership. Fairwinds is showing Insights at KubeCon 2021 in Booth #S32.
"Understanding Kubernetes environments requires DevOps teams to have insights into how they are configured for scale, reliability, resource efficiency and security," said Bill Ledginham, CEO of Fairwinds. "We've focused Insights to provide more meaningful governance and security visibility while integrating with the tools that developers and platform engineers already know and love. Our goal is to help bridge the gap between Dev and Ops and make it easier for development, security and operations teams to identify and resolve Kubernetes issues."
New functionality in Fairwinds Insights includes:
- Cloud-Native Service Ownership - provides tooling to help DevOps teams own security, reliability and efficiency configurations while ensuring all service owners follow Kubernetes best practices. Integrates from CI/CD to production to empower continuous improvement.
- Team Management and SSO/SAML Support - streamlines management and improves security with a new interface and API for managing teams within an organization, where managers can create multiple teams, each of which has access to specific clusters, namespaces and repositories. This role-based access limits access to data to only the users that need it. All of this works seamlessly with native SSO/SAML support.
- Multi-Cluster Dashboard - provides a quick-glance view of high level status of clusters, top organizational issues and the overall health of the organization.
- Improved Prioritization - advanced granularity for severities, which can be set to critical, high, medium, low or none, to help users distinguish between issues and prioritize those that need attention first. Severities can also be customized with automation rules within the software.
- Enhanced and New Integrations - stronger integration with Prometheus for Kubernetes workload monitoring, as well as a new Jira integration that auto-creates tickets for problems to be resolved faster.
To learn more about how Fairwinds Insights delivers cost optimization advice, security alerting, guardrails and compliance, visit https://www.fairwinds.com/insights.
- Kubernetes Maturity Model
- Cloud Native Service Ownership with Fairwinds Insights
- Fairwinds Insights Features
Fairwinds provides software and managed services to help companies ship cloud native applications faster, more cost effectively and with less risk. With years of experience and thousands of customer production deployments, Fairwinds enables companies to confidently run containerized applications on production-grade Kubernetes infrastructure at scale. Offerings include: Fairwinds Insights - software for automating, monitoring and enforcing Kubernetes best practices for security, reliability and resource optimization; and, ClusterOps - a managed service which deploys and manages Kubernetes infrastructure 24x7 for customers. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA and provides a fully remote and distributed work environment. For more information, visit www.fairwinds.com, read our blog or follow @FairwindsOps on Twitter.
Categories: Computer Engineering